When I teach marketing courses, the group eventually tires of seeing this list come up on the screen in every class:
- Build relationships, community
- Grow your reputation, sphere of influence
- Be seen as an expert
- Share valuable info, products, services
- Increase your social media following
- Give value to your customers, prospects and colleagues on a regular basis
- Get found – SEO
Last week I noted the two goals each person called out as we went around the room. I added my own two goals, as well, to round the group off at a dozen. Seven of us chose #2 – growing our reputation – as one of our two goals. And everyone had #1, #2 and/or #3 in their selection.
My two goals for blogging and creating other marketing content are #2 and #3. How about you? Share your two goals in the comments and I’ll keep tallying them up.