In the press for time to get everything done, it can be tempting to share content from trusted sources that you do not review. Sharing content from other experts, colleagues and organizations is a great way to let your fans know that you:
- keep up with current trends
- actively pursue continued learning
- are an expert in your field
- are aware of what other experts are talking about
- are plugged in to the local business community
Take the time to read what you share. If you don’t agree, say so. If you do agree, mention why. Show your fans that you have read the content yourself.
The last thing you want to do is mislead your fans by sharing content that is contradictory to your own opinion. And a fan that has come to rely on you for great shares, will be disappointed if you share something of no value to them other than the catchy title.
Originally published in Work Better, Not Harder on January 30, 2013