On May 30, 2013, we sent out the 50th issue of the Work Better, Not Harder newsletter. In it I wrote about the importance of celebrating milestones – small business owners don’t do that enough. In July of 2016, we sent out issue #100. That big milestone was reached through our own perseverance; we could have reached it even if we had no readers. Something to be proud of but not particularly motivating.
I want people to read my stuff – that motivates me.
For a couple of years, we’ve been flirting with reaching 10,000 pageviews on our blog in one calendar month, coming close but never quite reaching it. In December 2016 it finally happened – we had over 12,000 pageviews. Thank you to our readers who keep coming back!
Blogging regularly (this is post #451) has brought many benefits:
- More social media contacts
- More subscribers = potential clients and referrers
- Enhanced reputation
- Better writing skills – practice makes perfect
- More referrals, clients and friends
- Requires me to do research which keeps me current
- Gives me a reason to celebrate!