Getting someone to your sign-up form is one thing. Getting them to actually subscribe is quite another. To make that happen, here’s what I recommend:
- Have a sign-up form on its own page, or at least immediately visible on the web page (aka landing page) where you send people to subscribe. (read more about this)
- Avoid other calls to action that may distract your potential subscriber. (read more about this)
- Clearly describe what’s in it for your subscriber and how often they’ll get it.
- Provide examples via links to past issues in your archive. (read more about this)
- Include a brief disclaimer that you won’t sell or share contact info.
- Ask only for an email address unless you have a pressing need for more information. The more you ask for, the less likely someone will be to sign up.
photo by buckbeak143 / Flickr