It’s that time of year when our email boxes quickly fill up each day with special promotions – Black Friday will kick it all off.
Depending on your type of business and target market, you may be (should be?) considering doing some extra promotional emails leading up to the holidays. This is something you need to plan now and start executing very soon.
I’m not encouraging you to start blasting your subscribers with advertising. I am suggesting that a well-planned email campaign can be very effective at this time of year.
To get you going, here are some ideas to work into your plan:
- If you sell gift certificates, you’ll definitely want to promote them. Recommend who they will be suitable for. Insert Buy Now buttons directly into your newsletter with an immediate call to action.
- Do a holiday countdown with the number of shopping days left and something special for each day.
- Create special offers or promotions only for your email subscribers. This can also help to get new subscribers!
- Make limited-time offers on, for example, a different product or service each week.
- Provide unique gift ideas. This might be an opportunity to bundle products or services.
- Create urgency around ordering deadlines. Include a link to Canada Post mailing deadlines if it makes sense.
- Close to Christmas, promote stocking stuffer ideas and gift suggestions. Become the best friend of the last-minute shopper!
Along with your holiday calls to action, you might also consider sharing your own holiday preparations. Behind the scenes photos are great, for example, decorating your store/office or packaging up products with holiday wrapping.