Whether you’ve been doing an email newsletter for a while or are just getting started, there are always ways to improve. Not all of these items will apply to every business’ email newsletter but include as many as are appropriate for yours.
- Link to view the email online (as a webpage) – hide this link on the mobile version as it doesn’t really apply there
- Issue date – month or exact date
- Headline – include it in the newsletter, not just in the subject line
- Website link – at least one but more is better
- Logo – embed a link to your website
- Name, company name
- Mailing address – usually in the footer but it doesn’t have to be
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social media links (or icons) to your active profiles
- Google map (link)
- Photo of you/staff/team
- Hours of operation
- Link to unsubscribe
- Link to subscribe – in case a reader sends your newsletter to a friend
- Link to view newsletter archive – if it’s an evergreen resource
- Call-to-action – what do you want your reader to do next?
Download this Newsletter Audit Checklist and use it to ensure both you and your readers get the most out of your email marketing efforts.
Is your newsletter a key aspect of your marketing strategy? Want an in-depth newsletter audit that’s sure to generate improvement ideas? Let’s have a chat to see if we’re a good fit – book a call here.