You’ll see in this newsletter that success stories make great marketing content. There’s positive emotion around a good story – we like to read them and share them. It’s a bonus that they come in many different forms: testimonials, case studies, photos of happy customers or completed work, statistics, even video.
Success stories can also be assembled in a lot of different ways. For example:
- written by you, or by your client
- spontaneous (such as on Twitter), or solicited
- about your products and services, or about your business itself (for example, a 10 year anniversary)
- short or long (useful for different purposes)
- numerical or graphic (such as statistics)
Don’t stop at collecting testimonials. There are many more ways to tell your story.
originally published in Work Better, Not Harder March 30, 2016