This list was inspired by 25 Ways to Help a Fellow Human Being Today and co-authored by my Twitter colleague @LinosVersion. When we help each other, we all grow stronger!
- Give them a testimonial. Make it social and do it on LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Tell someone about their business and products/services.
- Shop at their store, online or off.
- Offer some free advice or constructive feedback.
- Offer to mentor a newbie. Check out futurpreneur.ca.
- Welcome new business owners to your community – stop by with donuts.
- Send an inspirational or congratulatory card by snail mail.
- Introduce two business owners who may benefit from the connection.
- Promote ‘Shop Local’ and feature local small businesses.
- Write a blog about something you learned from another business owner and give them a shout-out.
- Put on a free learning event, such as a lunch and learn, and invite local business owners.
- On Facebook, share their business page with a shout-out.
- Retweet messages from small business owners.
- Call and chat about what they’re up to.
- Share hard lessons learned via your blog or newsletter.
- Host a networking event.
- Invite another small business owner to accompany you to a networking event as your guest.
- Offer rewards for referrals from other small business owners.
- When you see them, smile and ask about their business.
- Help out a charity that another small business owner supports.
- Buy a ticket to an event they are involved with.
- Tweet about them, their products or services, linking to their website.
- Ask them to collaborate with you on a project.
- Tell them they’re a great client, or supplier, or colleague, and why you like to work with them.
- Pay their invoices right away.
originally published in Work Better, Not Harder newsletter September 29, 2015
2 thoughts on “25 Ways to Help Another Small Business Owner”
HAHAHA I LOVE #25 🙂
Highly Informative Post. Thanks for sharing.
Comments are closed.