You’re stuck and your deadline is looming. It’s been a long day and you’re far from feeling inspired to write for your blog or newsletter. The more you try to think of something to write about, the more uninspired you feel.
Sometimes I feel like that too, so I came up with a list of ‘topic triggers’ that can be used over and over again. The next time you’re feeling that what-am-I-going-to-write-about stress, come back to this list and pick an item at random. All of these triggers can give you topics to write about immediately.
- Use an online idea generator tool. Check this article for links to three of them.
- Check your blog or newsletter archive for what you wrote about at this time last year. Expand on the topic, referencing the original post.
- Scan your social media feeds for a post that you agree or disagree with. Embed the post and explain. (example)
- Search “what’s new in (your industry)?” Provide a commentary on someone else’s article or sum up views from several articles.
- Search “content ideas for (your industry)”. You’ll get lots of ideas to pick from.
- Search “quotes about (something to do with your industry)”. Or find a quote on your social media feeds. Pick one that resonates with you and write about why it does. (example)
Yes, I know, you still have to do the writing but at least now you know what to write about.
2 thoughts on “Reusable Content Ideas to get you Unstuck”
Thanks for this reference list, Linda! Another idea is a curation tool, like CurationSoft.com. It helps gather ideas and multi-media pieces to add to your blog. I haven't used it yet, but it looks intriguing.
I'm going to go check that one out now, thanks Natasha!
Comments are closed.