Your marketing content strategy wouldn’t be complete without having a look at what others are doing. This is an important step because:
- it will trigger new ideas for you
- it will help keep you current with others in your industry
- you should know what your competitors are doing
Here are some activities you can engage in regularly, perhaps quarterly, to develop your content strategy and keep it current.
1. Get online and check out:
- What are others in your industry doing?
- What are your competitors doing?
- Is what they’re doing working for them? How can you tell?
2. Search keywords
3. Search for articles that have content ideas specific to your industry. For example, if you own a restaurant, search “content ideas for restaurants” or “newsletter ideas for restaurants”. Make sure any new ideas you adopt are ultimately valuable to your subscribers and meet your goals.
4. Sign up for newsletters – pay attention to the experience, as well as what you’ll receive.
1 thought on “Research to Develop your Content Strategy”
Thanks for the great tips friend! Till now i have thought, content strategies can be just made by copy writing but, now I have got ideas to enhance my approach towards content marketing.
Comments are closed.