If your business sells to consumers, you definitely should consider doing some extra promotional emails leading up to the holidays. This is something you need to plan now and start executing soon.
You could simply add more targeted promotional messages to your regular newsletter. BUT you’ve worked hard all year to build your reputation and gain the attention of your readers. Now is the time to capitalize on that a bit. I’m not suggesting that you start blasting your readers with advertising. I am suggesting that a well-planned campaign can be very effective at this time of year.
Here are some ideas to consider:
- If you sell gift certificates, you’ll definitely want to promote them. Recommend who they will be suitable for. Insert Buy Now buttons directly into your newsletter with an immediate call to action.
- Do a holiday countdown with number of shopping days left.
- Create special offers or promotions only for your email subscribers. This can also help to get you new subscribers!
- Make limited-time offers on, for example, a different product or service each week.
- Provide unique gift ideas. This might be an opportunity to bundle products and services.
- Create urgency around ordering deadlines. Include a link to Canada Post mailing deadlines if it makes sense.
- Close to Christmas, promote stocking stuffer ideas and gift suggestions. Become the best friend of the last minute shopper!