Reflecting back on this past year, the first thing I realized is that I didn't define a 'One Word' for 2018. That's because, as 2017 was rolling over to 2018, I was busy building a website and working hard with colleagues to launch Social Media Day Halifax 2018. The word I feel like I used the most in 2018 was SMDH - the acronym and hashtag for the conference.
It was a year of teaching, learning, brainstorming, strategizing, planning, collaborating and designing. Some highlights:
- Taught an 11-week program for small business owners funded through Labour and Advanced Education Nova Scotia. Starting January 2019 I'll be teaching another similar program.
- Collaborated to successfully launch the Social Media Day Halifax Conference, an annual learning experience for anyone working in a marketing role. Tickets for the June 21, 2019 conference go on sale January 7th.
- Created and launched the 100 Days of Marketing online program. Enhancements and more versions are planned for 2019.
- Started exciting project work with the GreyLit.net team as Chief Marketing Officer.
- Designed and built 10 websites, plus a complete re-design of my own.
- Prepared and published about 350 email newsletters (less than in past years).
- Surpassed 600,000 pageviews on the Work Better, Not Harder blog (since 2010).
- Hosted 3 free lunch and learn workshops for small business owners in the Halifax area. The series will continue monthly into 2019, with 2 workshops scheduled and more planned.
- Did a whole bunch of other marketing work that adds variety to my work life.