October 8, 2017
What Will You Write After the Conference?
Many business people are busy preparing to attend large conferences this fall. It can be quite an expense and a lot of hard work to prepare for these big events... booking sales meetings with other attendees, preparing marketing collateral, booking flights and hotels, and maybe even training in sales skills.
Certainly when you return from the conference, you'll have lots to write about for your blog or newsletter.
1. Summarize the overall experience of preparing and attending. Perhaps include 'what to do or not to do' tips for future attendees.
2. Summarize the conference itself, highlighting key learning points.
3. Write articles about each of the presentations, focusing on what's important to your readers.
4. Capture and share the data, the important statistics and trends impacting your industry and customers.
5. Interview presenters and attendees. Prepare a series of questions in advance. This could be video or audio transcribed into text. The really good interviews can be used for blog posts.
6. Do market research. You don't often get the chance to be in the same place as so many industry counterparts and potential customers. Prepare one or two questions in advance and ask those same questions to everyone you meet. Your questions might be specific, like "How many times do you ...?" Or your questions might ask for opinions or advice, like "What do you think about ...?" or "What do you recommend for ...?" Collate the responses and share the results with your readers.
You will learn many things at the conference. Figure out what's important to your readers and prepare beforehand to create compelling content upon your return to the office.
Click to Tweet this Article
| Keywords: blogging, conference, content creation, content marketing, interviews, newsletters, research, sales, writing
Big thinkers like you need people like me to implement your great ideas. If technical stuff bogs you down and gives you a headache, you're in the right place. I love helping to bring great ideas to life!