The Consequences of Creative Isolation
Buried in a blog post by iContact about the importance of relevant content, I found an interesting little segment about the impact of creative isolation. It's hard to imagine being isolated when we can be online and connected whenever we want.
When it comes to writing content, these are the consequences iContact identified:
- Writing generic copy - this is canned content
- Going off topic - irrelevant and useless content for the target market
- Being too clever - impenetrable copy stuffed with industry buzzwords and jargon
- Staring at a blank screen - forcing creativity doesn't work
These things happen to me when I...
- stop looking at results (what are people reading)
- am too busy to read articles by other experts
- am not talking to people in my target market
The solution? Do more of these things!
photo by bionicteaching / Flickr
Click to Tweet this Article