Why and How to Do a Wrap-up Article
A wrap-up article is a logical and unique grouping of pieces of content where the grouping provides value to the reader beyond the individual pieces on their own. You might think of it like a themed gift basket.
There are several reasons we need to be creating these wrap-up articles. They...
- serve as a great resource - valuable information grouped together
- use commonly searched keywords and phrases (good SEO)
- encourage deeper reading
- are often faster to create
- provide a process to repurpose past content
- remind us of what we've written and provide inspiration to write more
There are lots of different ways to group pieces of content:
- by topic - e.g. content idea generation, writing tips
- by use - e.g. how-to, conceptual, tips
- by thing - e.g. infographics, videos
- by user - e.g. for beginners, for experts
- to conclude a series - e.g. after parts 1, 2, and 3
- to continue a series of previous wrap-up articles (example)
- On your blog, the fastest way to find content groupings is to use your keyword links. For example, you may have tagged all of your articles about being more productive with the keyword 'productivity'.
- For both your blog and newsletter, review the titles in the archives. I recently put together a compilation of 'how-to' advice after reviewing a client's newsletter archive while she was on vacation.
Click to Tweet this Article