Here's how the lazy approach works: don't blog for the sake of keeping a schedule; only blog when you have something to say. Have you heard that advice yet?
Pretty simple, eh? No pressure at all. Just push a post out whenever the mood strikes, and if it doesn't... oh well.
Here are the benefits of adopting this schedule-less strategy:
- No commitment to readers. They won't be expecting anything so if you reach their inbox, maybe it'll be a surprise. Or maybe they won't know who you are.
- No pressure to keep current. This is a clear benefit in a business world of constant change.
- You can call yourself an expert. Your ideas are so captivating that you only need to have 3 or 4 a year. (Maybe I'm confusing this with a guru.)
- No wasted time communicating with readers. Relationships take up precious time, after all.
- No stress - ever - about meeting a deadline.
If you haven't guessed yet, I think this is a bunch of nonsense. If you want to excel at content marketing and reap the real benefits, you need to build relationships and that happens by delivering value on a consistent basis to become a trusted resource.
photo by vszybala. / Flickr
Click to Tweet this Article