Business networking groups are in a unique position to grow their subscriber list exponentially faster than many other organizations. This also means they're in a fine position to benefit from providing useful and interesting content to their subscribers. Unfortunately this opportunity is often wasted.
A networking group will benefit from building a mailing list and sending out a regular newsletter because:
- It reminds subscribers of upcoming meetings and agendas.
- It encourages non-members to attend as guests.
- It can market the benefits of membership to non-members.
- It’s a way of staying top-of-mind within the association’s community.
- It provides a way to promote and seek sponsors for big events, like annual fundraisers.
- Creating valuable content is relatively easy.
On top of all this, associations can make use of a private list to communicate with members about members-only information.