Now, I’m itching to get the new year started. My work depends on me having internet access, but I discovered there are lots of things I can do to be productive working on my business even without the web. Here are some suggestions:
- Write articles for your blog or newsletter. Have them proofed and ready when needed.
- Prepare social media posts – text and graphics.
- Read a business book.
- Check your calendar and prepare for upcoming meetings and events.
- Print and review business reports.
- Planning – Use a paper or electronic template to prepare strategic plans, action lists, sales plans, project plans, marketing plans... you get the idea.
- Write FAQs, ebooks and other resources.
- Write cards – thank you, hello, congratulations – and send them by snail mail.
- Pick up the phone and make appointments for business meetings. Or (gasp) do some prospecting by phone. (This one is for The Phone Lady.)
- Print forms that you’ll need and can stock up on.
- Take a trip to the office supply store.
- Have an impromptu mastermind meeting with a colleague by phone.
- Yes, even write email. Create your messages in Word and save them till you’re online again, then copy and paste.
Click to Tweet this Article