Introducing Your Very First Issue
Update November 9, 2015 - Find a newer version of this topic here: How to Write the Introduction to Your First Newsletter.
When writing the introduction for your first newsletter issue, here are some things you might want to include:
- Acknowledge that this is your first issue and that you appreciate your readers' attention.
- Tell readers what they'll be getting and how often - think about value/benefits to your readers.
- Tell readers that it's easy to unsubscribe via the footer in every email.
- Ask for feedback and suggestions.
- Ask readers to share with colleagues and friends.
Here are some examples of first issues - perhaps you'll find some inspiration: